In this year-long series with monthly guest mentors, we’ll aim to:
- Create a better understanding of the popular but ambiguous area of leadership
- Lead people-centered and design-inspired organizations towards design quality and performance excellence, regardless of their size
- Make leadership more accessible and attainable to every audience
- Show you how DesignOps is not just for large product companies, but rather it benefits all sizes and shapes of design orgs and provides a very fulfilling leadership pathway for those whose interest lies in the success and future of their teams, rather than what they produce or create.
Join us for regular conversations with intelligent, approachable, and generous leaders and mentors who want you to be successful and have insights to help you do so. Meetings will be recorded so don't worry—if you didn't make it one week, you can catch up before the next one. Sessions take place via Zoom monthly on the last Wednesday of the month, from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. ET.
To register, email email@example.com.
- Those just starting out in this young discipline who want to know how to make and report on impact, how to advocate for their initiatives, and to be encouraged by others in the same position
- Those with years of experience in design (and design-adjacent) operations and management who want to share their knowledge
- Those interested in breaking into design operations who want more clarity about what it is and what it does
- Those with a vested interest in the success of their design teams and employees
- Design-adjacent disciplines such as project management, people / talent management, who all have the same goal: to support and empower their teams
Since 2001, Frances Yllana has been building and evolving her skills as a designer, team member, teacher, advisor and champion in order to best lead, manage and grow the team members she serves. She has a wide range of experience from branding, advertising, copywriting, strategy, video, illustration, digital and environmental, to experience design, design operations and consulting for enterprise software to non-profit management, visioning, strategy and coaching. At the beginning of 2022, Frances joins Coforma as their first Design Operations Manager, after 3.5 years at projekt202 as Experience Director and DesignOps lead. Coforma works with the government and private sector to craft creative digital solutions and build technology products that improve people’s lives, using a modern, agile, user-centered approach that elevates human needs through thoughtfully-designed systems and products. Frances is active in AIGA, currently serving as a director on the AIGA National Board, and she is also highly active in promoting civic and community engagement year-round, locally and nationally, including serving as Chair for AIGA Design for Democracy.